Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Way to My Heart

You know how Valentine's Day is supposed to be right? Totally indulgent. Over the top. A day unlike every other. Where you are completely pampered, your wildest dreams come true. And for me, that's exactly how this Valentine's Day was. You see, David knows me. No flowers and chocolates for me, no siree. He went all out.

He cooked and he cleaned. Be still my heart.
I didn't lift a finger, yet I ate an appetizer, an entree AND a dessert. And our bedroom, which is sadly and permanently relegated to the bottom of my list of "stuff to clean today," is spotless. And I am HAPPY.
Oh, and I have really cute kids.

Three things to note here: 1) In the first photo, Matthew is clearly plotting how to reach over and grab that Tootsie Pop 2) Matthew's curls are looking amazing! and 3) Matthew's shirt has a skunk on it and says "Love Stinks."

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I've always said that David is a keeper! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day.