Thursday, February 19, 2009

Clark Kent was just a decoy

You know how Superman would just slip on a pair of glasses and suddenly no one realized who he really was? "Hey Clark," they'd call out casually. Well, it turns out that Clark Kent was NOT really Superman. Although the glasses disguise was accurate. How do I know? Well, it turns out that David is actually Superman. I'm married to the guy and I didn't even know, until Matthew pointed out the uncanny resemblance. He picked up a Superman action figure, studied it and, with a big smile, declared, "Daddy!"

This explains a lot. You know, those times I call work and get his voicemail and he tells me he was "away from his desk?" Riiiggghhttt. More like, SAVING THE WORLD!

Matthew is certain that David has multiple alter egos, but I'm not so sure. I mean, I can kind of see the resemblance to Lego Man, but Dave Barry? Not so much.

If Matthew is correct and all of these guys are really Daddy, David must have a hard time keeping all his identities straight.

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I don't know about this. After all, Matthew showed me the DVD cover of Juno, pointed to the 16 year old pregnant actress and declared "Momma".

J-momma said...

ha ha! i do love Dave Barry though. funny stuff.

Christine said...

Superman I can believe... not sure about the Legoman or Dave Berry. Where was Matthew getting his info from?