Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Mystery

Today, Cameron and Matthew were running around, chasing each other and screaming and kicking around a beach ball. Suddenly, I heard Matthew begin to wail. He came toddling around the corner, sobbing, with Cameron close behind. "Cameron, what happened?" I asked. "Why is Matthew crying?"

"I have no idea," Cameron said, looking perplexed.

"Did he get hurt?"

"I don't know!"

"Well, what were you two doing when he started crying?"

"Well, let's see. I whacked him with the ball and then, next thing I knew, he was just crying and I don't know why!"

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

This is perplexing. Did you ever figure out why Matthew was crying?

Christine said...

Sharon, I laughed out loud. Are you sure you weren't writing this based on events that happen in our house every day? ;) Glad to hear that others have this same phenomenon.

Sharon said...

This happens ALL the time. I don't know what could be bothering Matthew.