Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Glub glub

I just ordered Matthew's Christmas present -- a Corolle Tidoo Graceful bath doll. I'm always on the lookout for ways to diversify our toys and books (more challenging than you may think, if you haven't tried it yourself recently!) A bath doll is perfect as Matthew has not only become obsessed with taking baths, but with giving them as well. He's had to settle for Paul, Cameron's old potty-training doll. Cameron has been generous, but does remind Matthew from time to time that Paul is his doll, not Matthew's.
I'm hoping that, with his very own bath doll, Matthew's bathing techniques will improve. Just look at him, using a Tupperware lid to direct the cold water directly onto poor Paul's face.

And if you look closely in this photo, you'll see that Paul's face is covered with a wet washcloth while Matthew, oblivious, chatters away.It kind of reminds me of Cameron's diapering techniques.

And then I just had to include this photo of Matthew responding to the question, "Who loves Mommy?" Yes, I've taught him to raise his hand and shout "Me!" whenever he hears, "Who loves Mommy?" Can you fault me, given Cameron's recent response?

No comments: