Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tool Time

A fond memory from my childhood is spending time with my dad in his basement workshop, learning how to use all his tools. So when Cameron asked for a tool box and tools this Christmas, all I could think about was how great it would be for him to have Grandpa Frank teach him as he did me.
Cameron and Grandpa decided to put the tools to good use fixing a broken baby gate. They hammered and drilled and sanded and soon the baby gate was as good as new. Cameron was brimming with pride at his accomplishment. "Can you believe I fixed that gate?" he said. "It's just like Extreme Makeover Home Edition."

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

As I've said before, that Grandpa is so handy that he just has to be a keeper! It's so nice to see him pass some of his skills to the next generation or two.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift to give him! Something useful that he can learn with.

You are a good mom.

Sharon said...

Awww, thanks, Stephanie!

And, yes, Mom -- Dad is a keeper!