Monday, December 15, 2008

What's In a Name?

Today Cameron suggested that we should give Matthew a nickname. "Matthew calls me Didi, and sometimes you call me Cam or Cam Cam. But we don't have any nickname for Matthew!" he reflected.

I began suggesting options, some obvious (Matty) and some not (Cubby? Pumpkin?) Cameron began throwing out ideas as well and before we knew it Matthew joined in. "Monkey!" he shrieked. "Ball! Napkin! Rock!"

Cameron took it all in and then said thoughtfully, "I think I like 'napkin' the best."

5 comments:

Ginger said...

That's awesome!

Ninette said...

Too cute!

Christine said...

I love it--how cute. You'll have to let us know which nickname gets used!

theferrarofour said...

Might be my favorite story ever. I love your boys!

Sharon said...

Thanks! Another of Matthew's suggestions: "rebot" which is his word for robot.