Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend update

I've been a blogging slacker lately, but it's only because we've been having so much fun!
On Friday, David was off of work. While Cameron was at school, David and I took a walk with Matthew in the stroller. Nearly every evening, our whole family goes on a walk but it was such a treat to take a walk during which David and I could converse uninterrupted and walk at a consistent pace rather than the typical preschool-style "run like your pants are on fire" or "stop every two feet to examine a piece of litter, an ant or a leaf." Better yet, instead of walking around the block we walked to a coffee shop and sipped our lattes while chatting on the way home!
On Saturday, my mom made the long drive down here so she could join me at a special adoption event to celebrate mothers -- both birth mothers and adoptive mothers. It was lovely and meant so much to me that my mom came along! After the adoption event, we enjoyed some time outside playing on the swings.

Cameron was also excited to find an inch worm -- difficult to see in this photo but, believe me, he's holding an inch worm.Today, we spent a little more time with Grandma Linda before she headed back north. Matthew is really into the Peek-a-Blocks these days and showed off his fine motor skills for Grandma.I also spent some time this weekend on my latest hobby -- baking bread. I started with a simple boule, then tried a delicious Parmesan and Sundried Tomato bread and finally pizza dough. This evening, Cameron asked if he could help me bake some bread and suggested we make it with mozzarella cheese. I complied and referred to it as "an experiment." A few minutes ago, Cameron burst into the room I was in, declared triumphantly, "Your experimental bread WORKED! I ate two pieces!" And indeed it had -- yummmm.

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

The boys are growing like weeds! I told Cameron I was thinking of putting a small brick on his head to stop him from growing, but he nixed that idea.

Aunt Beth said...

Thank goodness for Grandma Linda.It looks like it won't be long before Matthew is getting into everything.