Sunday, May 18, 2008

Caring for a cat, according to Cameron

Cameron: Mommy, I want a cat.
Me: Well, I'm sorry, but we're not getting a cat.
C: Why not?
M: (channeling my mother) Two boys are enough work for me! I don't need a cat to take care of too!
C: (channeling a 4-year-old me) But I'LL take care of it!
M: Will you feed it?
C: YES!
M: Will you fill it's water bowl?
C: YES!
M: Will you scoop the poop out of it's litter box?
Lengthy pause
C: (dejected) No. I guess we'll get a cat when Matthew is four. And then he can help me take care of the cat! I'll feed it and give it water, and he can take care of the litter box!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Before Matthew decides he will take on the litter box duties, I will let him try this when Brady is over.

Brady is coming to Grandma's for a visit this week. Bryan would like it to be an extended visit.