Tuesday, November 13, 2007

There's been a misunderstanding . . .

Yesterday afternoon, Cameron was being, well, less than a perfect little angel. Despite my vast parenting knowledge, I could not seem to get him to behave. After a few warnings and a repeat offense, I said, "OK, you have lost your midnight snack for tonight." (Aside: I don't know how it evolved, but the traditional bedtime snack is referred to as a "midnight snack" in our house.) This consequence brought a particularly anguished wail from Cameron. "OOOOOHHHH NOOOOOOO!" he sobbed. "But Mommy, I was only acting that way because I thought I ALREADY lost my midnight snack!" Lovely.

On a more positive note, we believe strongly in learning through doing so here is Cameron fulfilling his dream of recreating the Tropicana carton version of orange juice. Sadly, I must report that you can not actually just poke a straw in an orange and drink the juice right out of it. I think Cameron will just have to ask for one of those "Only $19.95 per month plus S&H" juicers for Christmas.

1 comment:

Ninette said...

oh my goodness, I love the picture of him testing out the orange.

You can share with him that in India, we did it with a coconut and it works. But, there is not a lot of milk. We stopped on the side of the road and there are people selling them ready to be drunk. They have the special tools to cut it. It is usually my first stop after I land in Goa.