Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Harry Potter and the Bathtub of Bubbles

As I've mentioned in previous posts, Cameron and I listen to Harry Potter on CD while driving to and from his school. Cameron picks up bits and pieces, but is often distracted by planning what news to share with his class that day or by telling hilarious jokes such as "What is a bee's favorite color?" Answer: "Purple! HA!" (Don't ask me . . . I didn't make it up!) Despite missing some major plot turns, Cameron is still enthusiastic about the idea of Harry Potter. And, finally, I can use it to my advantage!

Cameron is not a fan of having his hair washed, and often insists it is already clean despite evidence to the contrary. This evening, however, Cameron enthusiastically submitted to a thorough hairwashing once I had prepared a top-secret Destinkifying potion. The Aquaphorius charm also worked like, well, a charm in the application of post-bath ointment. Now to come up with a charm for room cleaning . . .

3 comments:

Midnight Thoughts said...

I love Harry Potter! Glad to hear Cameron was satisfied with the destinkifying potion. If he puts up a fuss next time you should let him take a colorful bath in the Prefects bathroom!!

Grandma Linda said...

Using destinkifying solution was an ingenious idea. I used to pull tricks like that on you all the time. ha ha ha

Sharon said...

Hi Kendall!

So glad to see a comment from you! I loved reading every Harry Potter and am having a great time listening to them on CD. The Prefect's bathroom is my dream bathroom!