Saturday, November 3, 2007

Family Photos

The photos are here! The photos are here!

Every day this week I been stalking the mail lady, as I have been so excited to see our family photos. And today -- YAY! -- they arrived! There are many, but here are a sampling of some of my favorites. Watch your mail box for our adoption announcement and Christmas card, as they will certainly feature some of our new photos.

Our photographer is the phenomenal Stephanie Carson. First, here is a family photo Stephanie took when Cameron was 18 months old.
And here is a new family photo! I do think Cameron looked happier when HE was the center of our attention. He loves being a big brother but in this photo he looks rather pensive -- perhaps he is pondering the life-long implications of having a sibling for the first time.
But now he's happy! Hanging out with daddy in the play room.
And now REALLY happy playing on his swing set.
And, of course, the photos of Matthew are all adorable! Not too diminish the importance of Stephanie's skills, but how could a photo of Matthew NOT be adorable???
Everyone tells me how much I look like my mother. When I saw this photo I thought, "Oh my gosh. I do. I look just like my mom!"
Other than ogling the photos, we've been enjoying a beautiful fall weekend here. Cameron and David made a pumpkin pie last night which, to Cameron's immense frustration, was not done before his bedtime. So this morning Cameron enjoyed what was likely the most delicious breakfast he ever had. And now to assuage my mommy guilt: a) pumpkin IS a vegetable b) it was a REALLY small slice c) he also had cereal with milk and bananas. So, really, isn't that a well-balanced diet? Grains, dairy, fruits AND vegetables?!? I mean, when I really think about it, I should be getting some kind of parenting award, not feeling guilty! Right?

4 comments:

Christine said...

Wow... amazing pictures!! Will Stephanie Carson come up here to take pictures?? :)

Time to get back to the game. I hope you have Matthew and Cameron watching it!

Christine said...

ps--pumpkin pie with milk and bananas sounds like a great breakfast!

Grandma Linda said...

The photos are fantastic! Cameron looks so big. How did that happen? It seems like yesterday that he started walking. The time goes by much too fast. Enjoy every minute of Matthew's babyhood, for it will pass much to soon.

KJ said...

WOW! Those are terrific photos! Of couse, the subjects were all pretty darn adorable, too! Nice job!!