Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I have a headache this big . . .

Things I do not enjoy when I have a pounding headache:

10. Getting up at 3 am to feed a crying baby.
9. Getting up again at 6am to feed a crying baby.
8. Getting up at 7am to feed a hungry preschooler.
7. Building a Lincoln Log pirate ship and knocking it down.
6. Building a Lincoln Log house and knocking it down.
5. Singing "5 Little Pumpkins" five times.
4. Bickering over whether 9am is too early for Halloween candy.
3. Bicking over whether 10am is too early for Halloween candy.
2. Answering the question "Why?"
1. Listening to an original composition on a child's electronic keyboard with "Irritating High-Pitched Whistle" selected instead of "Piano" or perhaps "Organ."

4 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I'm so sorry you have a headache. I hate headaches. One time Grandma Miller had a headache and was laying on the couch when Harv was quite young. He very sweetly brought a wet washcloth to soothe her aching head. How sweet! Later she realized that he was too short to reach the sink. She found he had wet the cloth in the toilet!

KJ said...

Oh my gosh, not to laugh but BWAHAHAHAHA! That was awesome. Umm, but hope the headache goes away. And BTW, I don't think 10 a.m. is too early for MOMMY to have Halloween chocolate. LOL

Christine said...

These are the days when you count the minutes until the baby naps (which, of course, is impossible because you never know when exactly the baby will nap!) and then turn on the TV for the pre-schooler (hope it is educational, but do you really care at this point???) and then take a nap yourself!! I feel for you and hope you feel better soon.

Sharon said...

All better! Glad I could provide some entertainment!