Friday, July 30, 2010

Cameron Writes

Cameron has been doing a lot of writing lately.  He asked me to work on writing a juvenille fiction book with him -- I don't want to give anything away, but it involves villains, noodles and a mild-mannered hero.  While that's in progress, Cameron decided on his own to write a book for Matthew.  He hid it and worked on it each night after Matthew went to bed.  When he finished, he couldn't stop smiling and said, "I just can't wait to see Matthew's face when he sees this!"  As soon as Matthew woke up the next morning, Cameron presented him with the book and read it to him.  To my great relief, Matthew was appropriately enthusiastic.  Here are a few pages.



Cameron has also been leaving notes, which are not always as sweet as his book.  He sets an alarm for 7 a.m. each morning, but he didn't wake with his alarm earlier this week.  Thinking I was being nice, I turned it off and let him sleep in until 8 a.m.  When he woke up, he was furious that I had let him oversleep.  Last night, I found this note propped against a sleeping Cameron.  He apparently was pretty tired when he penned it, as it is full of backwards numbers and mispellings.  "WAK Me UP 7:00AM," it reads.  "P.S. NO MAter Wut."  In case I was unconvinced, he added a bribe of 25 cents.  And, in case I was to tired to comprehend a note, he provided an illustration.  I am not certain if the illustration shows how happy he will be or how happy I will be if I comply, and how unhappy he/I will be if I fail, once again, to wake him up!

3 comments:

Neelu said...

This is sooo cute! Love the 25c bribe

Unknown said...

Cameron=awesome.

Grandma Linda said...

What a kid! The book for Matthew was really great. Tell Cameron Grandma Linda says keep on writing. Please tell him this promptly at 7 a.m.. Thank you.