Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lego maniacs

If our trip was about basketball for Matthew, it was about Legos for Cameron.  Before we left, Cameron found a Legoland Chicago coupon in a magazine.  He came running to me.  "Mommy!  A coupon for a free child's admission to Legoland!  Can we go?"

"Oh, Cameron, I'm sorry!" I said, "We're not going . . . " And then I had a moment of clarity.  Why couldn't we?  So, like the awesome mom that I am, I said, "You know what?  Let's do it!  We're going to Legoland!"

So we did.  And, as expected, it was Legotastic.

Matthew, as kindly as possible, spurned the advances of a Legoland jungle guide.
We encountered some fierce creatures but always managed to get away unscathed.
(Notice that Legoland jungle guide.  After Matthew's rejection, she started after my husband!)
Except for Matthew, who was permanently traumatized and brought to tears by this lion, who roars when you put your head in his mouth.  Not cool, Lego Lion.
I missed a great photo op, when Matthew waved his hand high in the air and was selected to push the button during the Lego factory tour.  I was oblivious, deleting bad photos from the camera, until after the button was pushed and the woman next to me said, "Did you get it?"  And I was like, "Uh, get what?"
Oh well. You win some, you lose some.  As the boys discovered on the Lego race track.
We finished up the adventure posing with some of our favorite characters while Cameron said, "Aren't you glad I thought of this?"
And I am.  It was a scream!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

What a great idea to let the kids pick one of the destinations! Legoland looks totally awesome. So glad you had such a great time there.