Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slam dunkeroo

We went on a road trip this past weekend, hitting four states in as many days.  We were headed to Wisconsin to celebrate a family wedding and a family anniversary.  If we were going to drive all that way, we decided, we'd plan some fun side trips along the way.  Matthew brought along his basketball, which proved to be the highlight of the trip for him.  He dribbled his basketball everywhere we went, drawing constant commentary from amazed onlookers.  I can't count how many times someone said, "How old is he?" or "Wow!  He is GOOD at that!" or "He's got talent!"  And he does.

When Matthew spotted this basketball court in New Glarus, Wisconsin, he headed straight to it.  We played for a while, with Matthew constantly imploring David to "do a slam dunk." 

"I can't, Matthew!" said David.

Matthew looked at him with pity and said, "When I get bigger, I'll teach you how to slam dunk, Daddy!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!

New Glarus, home of the most delicious beers that can only be had there in the state! (I don't even drink beer, but I have to put in this word on behalf of all my lamenting relatives.)