Friday, July 16, 2010

Not Normal

To break up a long day of driving on our trip, we stopped at a children's museum in Normal, Illinois.  We didn't have a chance to check out the town, although I'm certain if we did there would be a t-shirt shop with lots of funny plays on Normal's good name. Which is so lame, going for the easy laugh.

Instead, we hung out for a few hours and built with water pipes and painted on windows.  You know, normal museum stuff.  (Ha!)
On our way out of Normal, passing through the suburbs (Subnormal), we stopped to grab a coffee.  David noticed some Rice Krispie treats which were served in sugar cones and we mutually mourned the food allergies that prevent us from getting such treats.  So today, I took the boys to the store and we bought ingredients to make our own food allergy safe version.  Everyone was very excited and when the treats were prepared, Matthew quickly took a bite of his cone.
I snapped this photo and then Matthew announced, "Ewww.  I don't like Rice Krispie treats."  Which is abnormal if I've ever seen it. I guess it is back to making the apple cucumber popsicles that recently repulsed our playdate guests!

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Wow, you did a ton of cool things on your trip!

kimbill16 said...

I bet the kids are looking forward to getting back to normal ... *groan*

Sharon said...

Wow Kim! Just had a baby and still snarky -- I LOVE it!!!