Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Projects with Dad

David is an awesome dad.  He and Cameron have been working on some basic robotics together, since Cameron has been dreaming of building a robot for years now.  In the course of researching their robot, David became fascinated with the idea of . . . and I'm sure I'm going to get this wrong . . . building a laminar flow water shooter?  He asked me to pick up some straws at the grocery store and when I came home with a box of 100 he said, "Ohhhh.  Uh, I don't think that's going to be enough for the laminar flow project.  But maybe it'll do for a first experiment."

Somehow, the straws, some PVC and our garden hose were transformed into a water shooter.  I guess the part you are supposed to be impressed by here is that there are no drips of water, just a smooth archway.  In any case, the boys love it and had a blast working on it with their dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool!

Hey, I don't know if he is quite old enough, but he might be interested in scratch.mit.edu . Scratch is a programming language that's supposed to be for all ages.

Grandma Linda said...

David is an awesome Dad. Very cool (literally) project.