Friday, August 20, 2010

Louisville Visit

This week, we took a little trip to Louisville.  We were mainly inspired to go by Matthew's obsession with all things sports and our discovery that the Louisville Slugger Factory gives tours.  When we found out that there is an ongoing exhibit about the Negro League with Kadir Nelson artwork, we knew we HAD to get Matthew there. 



The factory tour was fascinating and the boys loved the exhibits, although Matthew was more interested in hitting balls than looking at Satchel Paige's mitt.



Cameron reminded me powerfully of David, who is known for his inventive and goofy poses.



After the Slugger factory, we ate a picnic lunch and then hit the local children's museum.  'Cause that's how we roll.  We don't think of going to a city without visiting their children's museum -- Matthew would go to a museum every day if he could and, thanks to reciprocity, sometimes we do go to the museum every day.  Louisville's museum proved to be up to Matthew's standards and both of the boys delighted in the water area.  My brain was overflowing with Montessori reading and I kept saying to David, "Watch how Matthew is drawn to this work.  See how he repeats it over and over?  See his need for movement?  For order?"  I know, I'm super interesting to hang out with these days. 


Cameron, meanwhile, kept us entertained with more creative poses.

I'm telling you, he comes by it honestly. 
We ended the day with a sushi dinner.  Cameron's new favorite food is sushi and I cannot tell you the joy it brings me.  "We really should go out for sushi," I say.  "I mean, since Cameron likes it so much!" 

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

What a fantastic day! Cameron and David are such hams for the camera.