Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Accessories

Matthew is growing up, and part of growing up is making your own decisions.  Matthew has decided that he will make the decisions about what he is going to wear, and for the most part I have allowed him this freedom.  Which is why he went to the museum like this:

That's a basketball shirt, jean shorts, soccer shin guards and water shoes.  Which, apparently, is THE look for this season. 

I'm so out of touch!  I mean, I haven't worn shin guards and water shoes since, what, summer of '82 maybe?  But not paired with jean shorts, of course.  That would be lame.  I used to wear mine with the neon kulots and the off the shoulder sweatshirt.

3 comments:

Marie said...

So, where does Matthew stand on the whole white after Labor Day quandry? I love that he is embracing so many activities in his ensemble.

Grandma Linda said...

Hmmm. I must have missed this new trend.

Sharon said...

Matthew feels firmly that NO ONE should be able to tell him what to wear or when to wear it. He'll wear white in January if he feels like it! Probably white shorts perhaps paired with leg warmers and golf shoes. And a parka, of course. It's cold in January!