Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Age 3

Matthew is now officially three years old.  This was the first year that he seemed really aware of his birthday -- he informed me that he WOULD me having a party with friends, and that we'd be eating baseball cupcakes and that he'd be THREE.  Or . . . was it six?  seven?  It's so hard to keep track when you're . . . wait?  how old again?  Oh, right!  THREE!

I could hardly wait until Matthew's birthday morning, when we planned to surprise him with a basketball hoop.  He spotted it in the basement a few days early though and then repeatedly asked, "When do I get my basketball hoop?"

It was still exciting to see him playing with it, so happy to be a big boy.
After playing hoops for a while, he asked if we could go bowling.  He got his ball stuck between the bumper and the gutter twice, but he had a blast and looked so cute in his bowling shoes.  And, he nearly beat me.  What can I say?  My hand-eye coordination has never been much to brag about . . . as opposed to my ultra-athletic toddler!

For his birthday dinner, he requested "Grilled corn and scallops, with strawberry shortcake for dessert." Pretty sophisticated palate for a 3-year-old! We topped off the shortcake with some homemade vanilla bean sorbet and I'm pretty confident it's the best kid birthday meal I've ever eaten.

So suddenly, I'm the mom of two big boys!  And I'm looking forward to all the fun we'll have together this year!

3 comments:

Rebeccah said...

I love that photo! Happy Birthday, Matthew : )

Grandma Linda said...

I can't wait to see Matthew shoot hoops! See you soon.

Grandma Linda said...

It will be a great year. 3 & 7 year olds are so much fun.