Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who needs MapQuest?

When I picked Cameron up from school yesterday, he had a huge smile on his face. "Guess WHAT, Mommy! Brandon wants me to come to his house for a playdate TODAY! And he gave us directions to his house!"
Actually, Brandon had drawn us a map. As Cameron explained, the circle is the school and you "just follow the line" to get to Brandon's house, symbolized by the circle with lines around it. Cameron was deeply disappointed that I am apparently unable to follow even the simplest of directions.

7 comments:

RTC said...

Obviously you have it upside down! Of course you can't follow it like that, but turn it over and it makes perfect sense!

Hilarious! :)

Sharon said...

Wow, is that ever embarassing . . . I always have been hopeless with maps.

Zack said...

Sharon, major roads and landmarks are bolded in red, hence he was illustrating some sort of interstate freeway. Take a class jeeeez

Midnight Thoughts said...

That is embarassing! When I was in middle school my friend (who will remain nameless) tried giving my Mom directions to her house...all she knew was it was on the "Other" side of M-36.

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's hilarious! Yeah, what is wrong with you? Even a 4 year old can read that! LOL How cute!

BTW--I love your new picture!

Christine said...

Huh. And I always thought you were pretty good with directions!

Sharon said...

Zack, you clearly inherited all the navigation genes in our family.

Kendall -- "other" side sounds like me giving directions.

Christy -- Thanks! Yep, I'm obviously just inept with a map.

Christine -- I thought you knew me!