Sunday, October 12, 2008

Unbearably Great Birthday

Cameron had a fantastic birthday this week. The anticipation has been building for quite a while, so when the morning finally arrived he was out of bed bright and early. When he unwrapped the Star Wars Lego set he had asked for, he nearly hyperventilated with excitement. After establishing some Legos play/baby safety rules, he quickly set to work.
He was amazed at how really, really cool the finished product was. Mid-morning, Aunt Stephanie called to say happy birthday and Cameron opened his gift from her -- a Superstructs Flight Kit. He was absolutely beside himself with joy. Once again, he wasted no time in getting down to business and made an impressive helicopter.When I picked Cameron up at the end of the school day, I asked him what he wanted to do that afternoon. Go to the park? Watch Word Girl? Play in the backyard? No, no and no. "Actually, Mommy, I just want to play with my new toys," he said. Then, with a wistful look he said, "Oh, Mommy. I can hardly bear it. I can just hardly bear how awesome my new toys are." Don't you miss those kinds of birthdays?

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I think we have a budding engineer here!