Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sammy the Seal, the Sequel

Yesterday, Cameron proposed that we write a book which would be a sequel to Sammy the Seal. In the original Sammy the Seal, a seal leaves the zoo and goes to the city and to school for the day. In Book Two, Cameron decided that Sammy should go to the park. Cameron dictated the story to me as I wrote it out. Then, Cameron drew the park scenes while I was responsible for adding Sammy's likeness to each page. The end result was pretty impressive, if I do say so myself! As you can see, the reviews have been mostly positive.
"This brings back childhood memories. What a treat to hear of Sammy's adventures again after all these years! The story is delightful, if a bit formulaic, and the illustrations have a beguiling, childlike quality to them. Buy this one today!"
"I'm always on the search for I Can Read Level One books and this one is my hands down favorite! Sammy is witty and clever and brave -- not many seals would try their flipper at monkey bars or the fireman's pole. An inspiring addition to any child's bookshelf!"
"Sammy the Seal was such a cliff hanger! I've spent decades wondering if Sammy could continue to be happy in the confines of the zoo. Was his wanderlust satisfied by just one afternoon in the city? Finally, an answer in Sammy the Seal, the Sequel! I sure hope Book Three doesn't take another 50 years!"

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I hope they make this into a movie!