Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Write Poetry. Well, Kind Of . . .

I don't have much talent when it comes to poetry. I'm more of an essay girl. However, I was recently inspired to write this haiku.

Warm, soft . . . what is this?
Awful realization
Poopy diaper leak


Pleased with the results, I decided that haiku is my kind of poetry. Here's a few more from my collection.

Mulch, paper, lint, dirt
Withered grapes, forgotten crumbs
Not in your mouth, kid!


Matted in dark curls
Dried in ears and under chin
Spread on chubby thighs

Dotting eyelashes
Hidden in high chair cushions
Where I find your food


A glass of water
An urgent need to go pee
Avoiding bed time.


Please! Need it! Want it!
Won’t ask for anything else!
Plastic Batman toy.

2 comments:

Zack said...

Fantastic work.


My famous sister.
Writes and cleans up poopy.
Better her than me.

Grandma Linda said...

Zack and Sharon,

I am so proud of my poets! Keep up the good work.