Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Was Wrong

I'm woman enough to admit when I am wrong. Remember Cameron's pets? Cameron was eventually convinced to release Joey and Twiggy, but promptly replaced them with a fresh catepillar named Leaf. Leaf seemed no more hearty than his predecessors, so I was impressed when he managed to make himself a little cocoon. Cameron was thrilled and for the past two weeks has been checking daily for Leaf to emerge, triumphant, as a butterfly. Leaf's cocoon looked a little, well, moldy to me and I was pondering how to dispose of the mess and break it to Cameron that Leaf had already earned his butterfly wings in the hereafter. Instead, when I returned home last night from a writing class (awesome, by the way), David informed me that when Cameron checked on Leaf he was flitting merrily about his small Tupperware container! Flabbergasted, I asked how Cameron had reacted, expecting that he would have been delirious with excitement. Instead, David tells me that Cameron seemed unimpressed. I mean, after all, he had never had any doubt that Leaf would make it!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

What? No photo of Leaf?

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon--thanks for stopping by my blog! I liked the writing group a lot too...

BTW-you can just count this as the first of many times you'll be "wrong" in your kids' eyes (it happens to me on a dialy basis anyway!) :)