Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Going to the zoo, zoo, zoo

The boys and I have been busy, busy, busy the past few weeks mainly because the day passes by much more quickly (and harmoniously!) when we aren't just sitting around at home. So we've been hitting the library, the pool, the local playgrounds and, of course, the zoo! This morning when Cameron saw that Matthew was wearing a Buccaneers onesie, he HAD to wear his matching shirt so everyone at the zoo would know they were brothers. Aren't they CUTE?!?!
In the farm area of the zoo, a friendly goat poked his head out of the fence to get a look at Matthew. They stared at each other and I grabbed for my camera, thinking it was adorable, when Matthew suddenly gave a shrill scream and began to sob piteously. Apparently he did not find the goat to be friendly or adorable.

On our drive home, Cameron said, "We should stop at Michelle's."

"Who?" I asked in confusion.

"Michelle's! Let's go to Michelle's and get the car washed!"

Who the heck is Michelle? I wonder. And why would she wash our car?

"MI-CHELLE'S," he repeated. "You know? With the yellow seashell sign? Where you can get gas in your car and go through the car wash?"

"Ohhhhh!" It seems that Cameron thought the Shell gas station was called "Michelle's!"

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I'm so glad you and the boys are enjoying the summer weather. The zoo picture is adorable.

If Matthew was scared of Grandpa Frank's bearded face, I'm not surprised he didn't warm up to the goat.

Anonymous said...

Shell gasoline? I gather David has not violated the family pact yet - and has you in on it as well. I finally confessed to Cosco gasoline....huhhhhhhh (gasp). It's ok. I'm in therapy.

Sharon said...

OK, don't tell your dad but . . . I always get gas at Kroger where you can get 10 cents off a gallon with your Kroger card.