Friday, March 14, 2008

A roaring good time

Cameron has a white tiger named Zeb, an homage to his zebra-style stripes. They are the dearest of pals and Cameron frequently tells me how much he loves Zeb. If only Zeb could speak, I am sure he would say the same of Cameron, who dotes upon him. Cameron has made Zeb a comfy sleeping area with only the finest Kleenex linens. He brushes Zeb's teeth three times a day. And yesterday Cameron informed me very seriously that the next day was Zeb's birthday and he wanted to surprise his friend with a little soiree.
As soon as the sun peeked over the horizon this morning, Cameron appeared beside my bed whispering, "Mommy! Wake up, wake up! It's Zeb's birthday!" So, tonight, we all sang "Happy Birthday" to Zeb. He clearly had had NO idea we were planning this surprise for him. As you can see below, his mouth just dropped open in shock when he saw the cake! Cameron was filled with delight when Zeb succeeded in blowing out the candles. Of course, Zeb wouldn't tell us what he wished for -- then it wouldn't come true! -- but my guess is a plate full of raw meat instead of cinnamon apple bundt cake.

3 comments:

Midnight Thoughts said...

Happy Birthday Zeb!!

Christine said...

I don't know... cinnamon apple bundt cake sounds pretty good to me!

Ninette said...

Wow! What a great surprise!

Thanks for sharing the lizards' pictures too! My how they grow.