Thursday, August 30, 2007

Two weeks old

My apologies for the sporadic posts lately . . . I am SUCH a slacker! It's just this baby, he really takes up a lot of time!

Matthew turned two weeks old yesterday. He is getting bigger and more alert each day. Cameron is adjusting to big brotherhood quite nicely. I think he feels like a bit of a celebrity, as he has received many big brother gifts and lots of attention. He received a Spiderman Bump-n-Go motorcycle the other day (Thanks, Chris and Miranda!) and I have rarely seen him so excited. He just about hyperventilated by the time we got the batteries in and he kept breathlessly repeating, "I'm so excited! I always wanted a real Spiderman! I can't believe it!"

I asked Cameron yesterday what his favorite part of being a big brother is. He looked thoughtful and then said, "I really like helping you change his diapers!" Not the answer I expected . . . didn't realize that handing me a diaper was so rewarding! By the way, changing diapers is definitely NOT my favorite part of being a mommy!

Yesterday Cameron also told me that he wanted to give Matthew his teddy bear, Henri. I said, "But Henri has been your special bear since you were little! You don't need to give him to Matthew!" He replied, "But Matthew's NEVER had a bear! I should give him Henri." I thought that was very sweet, but luckily Grandma and Grandpa T brought Matthew his very own teddy bear!

Today is Cameron's last day at daycare. Next week he starts Montessori. Thus far he is thrilled with the prospect. Cross your fingers that he is still thrilled when I drop him off the first day! As for me, I feel an overwhelming panic everytime I think about getting two kids ready and driving Cameron to school each day. I just keep telling myself, "Lots of people have two kids! If they can do it, I can do it!" I feel like I'm hosting a pep rally in my head!

Grandma and Grandpa are currently visiting, so we'll have photos with them to post soon!

4 comments:

KJ said...

Sharon

Not sure if you will remember me, but my son Vincent went to daycare with Cameron. I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. It was passed along to me.

I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! And also that I was laughing so hard at the "pep rally in my head" comment. So true!

Matthew is beautiful and Cameron is growing so fast! What a cutie.

Kelly

Grandma Linda said...

Cameron is such a nice big brother! I'm glad G&G Trumpy gave Matthew his own bear so Henri could stay with Cameron. I can't wait to see the photos of the boys with Dave and Jeanne.

I think most new Mom's panic with the increase in responsibility of another child. I know I did! You will do just fine.

Sharon said...

Hi Kelly!

Of course I remember you -- Cameron and Vincent were classmates for quite some time! How is Vincent doing?

I love having people read the blog -- so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the congrats!

Sharon

KJ said...

Sharon

We're great! You can check out my blog if you want to catch a glimpse into our antics. I'll pop in from time to time and see how the boys are growing.

We miss Cincinnati, but Rochester is a great town. Vincent and his sister are doing great!

KJ