Saturday, August 11, 2007

Instant Gratification

Every year, I make Cameron's Halloween costume. Of note, I do not know how to sew, but I am pretty handy with a glue gun and tie-die. For his first Halloween at 3 weeks of age, Cameron was a cow.My favorite costume was the baby chick with eggshell hat. As you can see in this photo, I sometimes extend my costume-making to David. He was Woolly Willy -- the old game where you use a "magic wand" to move metal shavings around on a face and make a beard, moustache or sideburns.
This year, Cameron has asked me to make him a Buzz Lightyear costume which should really test my skills! Yesterday, we went online to buy some of our supplies -- a hoodie, pants and fabric pens. Cameron was very excited to make our selections. About 10 minutes after we placed our order, we heard the mailman at our front door. To my surprise, Cameron went racing to the door yelling "Yee-hah! The mail is here!!!" He whipped open the front door, threw open the mailbox and then looked in confusion and disappointment at the bills and junk mail. "Where's my Buzz Lightyear costume?" he asked! I blame his belief that all things are instantly available on Tivo.

4 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Good luck on the costume. Can't wait to see photos of the finished product.

Ginger said...

I love the costumes! Very talented Sharon! The Wooly Willy is very original!

Sharon said...

What can I say? I can glue-gun with the best of 'em!

Tyler Kraemer said...

Congrats! If Cammeron needs any good advise on being an older brother I'm sure Blake would have some, but you may want to get Dylan's opinion first.