Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A nap, some coffee and a meal

Well, I am feeling a lot better at the moment than I did this morning. When David saw the state I was in, he went into disaster mode. A trip to the grocery store, the coffee shop and some nap time for me -- aaah, much better! David knows that I am a girl who requires frequent meals and a good night's sleep. Lacking both does NOT agree with me.

Matthew is doing great and we are learning more about him every day. Charming details which I am sure Matthew will appreciate when he is older and can read this:

1. Matthew is very gassy and can burp like a teenage boy.

2. Matthew is a slooooow eater.

3. Matthew loves to be cuddled.

and, as Cameron shared with his teacher today:

4. "My baby cries ALOT."

Today I got a chance to try out my Hotsling pouch. I've been waiting for this moment since we began the adoption process and it was not a disappointment. I love babywearing! And, as it turns out, so does Matthew. A very fussy Matthew quickly calmed down and fell asleep once he was in the pouch. Now to convince David that I NEED the blue/seersucker Ergo baby carrier and a mei tai carrier . . .

Cameron has also repeatedly told Daddy that I need a new necklace. When Cameron was born, David gave me a beautiful necklace with three diamonds for the three members of our family. I always wear it and have told Cameron its meaning. Without prompting from me, it occurred to Cameron that we now have FOUR family members and I should have FOUR diamonds. I like the way he thinks!

4 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I see you have introduced Matthew to the all-important pacifier. Good move! I'm sure he will quickly figure out that being by yourself and sucking on a yummy pacifier sometimes is very soothing. Good luck tonight!

Ninette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ninette said...

Glad to hear you got some rest. I can't even imagine what it is like having a baby in the house.

P.S. I found out today that I have to do physical therapy for about 6 weeks, 2/3 times per week. But hey, I am up and walking. Of course, I can't wear anything but tennis shoes, in and out of the house. Oh, to walk barefoot will be a treat someday.

Sharon said...

Wow, Ninette . . . I'm so glad to hear you are making progress! Constant tennis shoes sound like a real drag though. Hope you are barefoot and fancy free sooner than expected!