Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Expect the Unexpected

I took the boys to a hula hooping demonstration at the park today. They were both fascinated by the hooper who finished off her act by spraying herself down with water and performing with a flaming hula hoop. (Seriously. A hula hoop. On fire. All I could think was, "If my kids see a woman set herself on fire with a hula hoop, the Parks and Rec Department will be hearing from ME!)I thought Cameron would be excited to try out hula hooping (minus flames) himself, but he preferred to catch frogs and fish.

Matthew, however, couldn't wait to get in on the action. First he struggled with a large, heavy hoop.

Awww, isn't he sweet, I thought.

Then he spotted a child-sized hoop and . . .

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Great photos! Isn't summer grand?

Rebeccah said...

The look of joy on his face! Priceless : )

Zack F said...

I saw Matthews picture in the neewspaper! Awesome, kid!