Friday, September 26, 2008

Who Loves You, Baby?

Matthew is his own biggest fan. He claps for himself, he calls himself "Good boy," he staunchly refuses to be cast as a bad guy in any of Cameron's superhero shows, insisting that he is a "Gooo Giiii." Despite this, I thought it would be so cute if I could teach him to say "Mama!" when I say, "Who loves you?" Instead, each time I say "Who loves you?" Matthew raises his hand in the air and smiles broadly. Yep, he loves himself. ALOT. But that's OK -- babies are supposed to be self-centered, right?

1 comment:

Marie said...

I love it! What great self-esteem he has. I'm just thinking about all the time we each spend in our lives, wondering that very question...seems like Matthew is firmly grounded. You guys are doing such a great job, with both your boys. I love the Cameron humor as well.

Our first home-study visit is in a few hours, and I'm a freakin' ball of nerves. Thanks for the smile and laugh over Matthew's latest.