Friday, September 12, 2008

The Great G&Gs

If I tried to list all I'm grateful for, this post would go on for pages. But there are two really special people that I'm so lucky to have in my life -- my granma and my granpa. And I'm so happy that Cameron and Matthew were able to visit great G&G while in MI!

My granma is quite possibly the most generous woman alive. In college, I was deluged with care packages filled with pajamas, coupons, homemade banana bread, books and other treats. Now, my kids find Highlights magazine, letters addressed to THEM and all sorts of surprises from granma, even though she's far away. She forgives me for being busy with the boys and not calling often enough. She remembers birthdays, anniversaries, random things she heard you liked or wanted. When she lived in MI, she grew chives in her yard and let us eat them. She played Anne Murray's "Animal Crackers in My Soup" and gave us Cheez-Its. She had the most beautiful couch, that then became my mom's and then became mine! She's made wonderful scrapbooks for me and for the kids. She brags about all her grandkids and great-grandkids without playing favorites.
My granpa is really, REALLY the funniest man you could ever meet. He once drenched me with water when he told me the weird opening in the fridge was a tiny camera (waaayyy back when water came from the sink, not the freezer door). He convinced me that M&Ms (and many other things!) were named after him. He sent Cameron a fake rat, a chain and lock and, for Matthew, a diaper cream called Butt Paste. The best part of my birthday each and every year is hearing my granpa sing "Happy Birthday to You" over the phone or on the answering machine or wherever I might be! In MI, he walked slowly toward the boat calling out, "Faster than a speeding bullet . . ." He knows hilarious card tricks and teaches his tricks to Cameron and David. He reads my blog and thinks its the best one around!


1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Great blog entry Sharon. G&G are the TOPS!