Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tricky or Picky?

I have been attempting to offer Matthew more variety in his diet, which is a bit of a challenge as he has multiple food allergies. In particular, I've been concerned about his protein intake and have been trying to add protein in some form to most of his meals. Matthew, however, is not about to be fooled.

Over the weekend, I simmered some apples, pears and raisins in apple juice. Matthew heartily approved and cleaned his tray, signing "more, more!" For the next serving, I mixed some diced tofu in, thinking that it would absorb the sweet juice and act as a tasty protein treat. I was thrilled to see that, once again, Matthew devoured everything on his tray! When Matthew signed "all done," I got him out of the high chair only to discover that each and every bit of tofu had been tossed to the floor or secreted in the seat cushion! So much for tofu . . . unless I blend it into his next meal.

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I should have taken a photo of the tofu!