Monday, October 29, 2007

Friends and Fall

Last night, we had our friends Megan and Brent over with their 2-year-old son. Cameron was full of anticipation and questions, as a 2-year-old is a rather abstract concept for him: "Is he bigger or smaller than me? Is he bigger or smaller than Matthew? Can he talk? Does he have teeth?" When the guests arrived, Cameron was not disappointed. The boys made fast friends and I think Cameron enjoyed the opportunity to be a role model! A highlight of the evening was building block towers which were knocked down as quickly as they were put up (and sometimes sooner!) Check out the technique here: Cameron builds with Brent while Owen waits, poised for take-off . . . then jump, kick and stomp the tower into oblivion!It was fun to see a 2-year-old in action and to imagine all the fun and trouble Cameron and Matthew will get in together in just a few years!

Megan has a real knack with babies and was able to soothe Matthew to sleep when I was unsuccessful. As you can see, Matthew was reaaalllyyy relaxed!
This morning, we awoke to a crisp fall day. The trees are at their peak colors, the sky is blue and the air has a bit of a nip to it. The kind of day that makes you long for cider and cinnamon donuts, preferably from a cider mill. (Aside: No one in these parts has even HEARD of a cider mill! There are apple orchards, but they don't compare to a real Michigan cider mill.) Look how darling Matthew is, all snug in his warm fleece!

3 comments:

Ninette said...

Matthew in his fleece, has got to be one of my favorite pics of him. He looks adorable!

Just in the last couple of years, I have gotten back to the whole cider mill and apple picking. It started with taking my students four years ago to Erwin's Orchards. I had forgotten how much I love the donuts and cider. Now, my family goes every year. (we wait until Lisa or Michael is home for the weekend to go b/c they want to do it too)

Grandma Linda said...

I think Megan should come over each night & work her magic on Matthew.

I agree with Ninette. The fleece photo is so cute. Can you email the file to me? Thanks!

Christine said...

Oooh.... that picture is SOOOO cute!!