Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Why I've been so groggy

So, since we got back from vacation, David and I have been feeling unusually tired and sluggish. "Takes a while to recover from all that fun!" I thought. Then, yesterday, I made a terrible discovery. I was making a grocery list and checked to see if I needed to buy more coffee. When I found our bag of Organic Peru Chamchamaya, it was completely full. "Huh," I thought. "THAT'S weird." Then, with a sinking feeling, I remembered that I had bought a bag of decaf to serve after dinner when we had a guest over a few weeks ago. Sure enough, when I pulled out the decaf it was nearly gone. For the past week, David and I have been starting our day with a nice strong cup of . . . decaffeinated coffee. (Yes, coffee lovers, gasp with me at the horror!) We both felt much better today!
Fully caffeinated, I took Cameron to the library to see a magician perform. Cameron actually screamed, "How'd he DO that?" after the first trick. If he thought the disappearing ball was something, just wait until he saw the bird changed into a rabbit! It was really a phenomenal show and all for free, thanks to our public library. I LOVE that place! Afterwards, we met up with Lindsey and Alyssa for hours of fun at the park.

And here is a photo my grandma just sent me. I'm 3 1/2 years old - the same age as Cameron - in this photo. Once again, I am reminded that Cameron's superhero obsession is apparently a family trait! Cameron loved this photo.

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

I'm so glad you discovered the coffee situation before Dad and I came down this weekend!

Loved the picture of you at 3-1/2! You did love Spiderman gear at that time.