Saturday, May 26, 2007

Visit from Stephanie!

Stephanie is visiting us this weekend! Last night, she took Cameron to Build-a-Bear. It was very exciting! We did discover that a 3-year-old boy has slightly different taste in stuffed animals than grown women do. After Cameron expressed interest in a particularly ugly bear, Stephanie wisely suggested the turtle (with removable backpack/shell!). We were unable to sway Cameron's choice of clothing for Toby, however. He was insistent on the pirate outfit, while Stephanie and I suggested several alternatives, such as khakis or jeans with a cute button-up. Oh well, he's happy!

He also chose a sound for Toby to make. It was very odd -- the employee repeatedly suggested that he choose the Shrek voice saying, "I'm an ogre!" Ummm, no, actually, he's a turtle . . . Cameron chose the "giggle" sound, which I thought was a good choice at the time. After hearing Toby make a maniacal cackling sound about a hundred times now, though, I'm thinking the employee make have been on to something with the Shrek suggestion though.

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Toby "the turtle" Trumpy-is very cool in his pirate costume! I am particulary interested in the "maniacal cackling sound" he makes. There is a woman that works on my floor that laughs loud enough for the entire floor to hear about a dozen times a day. Perhaps I can borrow Toby & see if I can set up a contest between the two?