Monday, April 4, 2011

Must've been the rainbow chard

When Cameron was potty training, I bought him a doll with a potty and  . . . the appropriate parts for potty usage.  We named him Paul, because he was wearing a little shirt that said "Paul."  We spent a morning "teaching" Paul to use the potty and, next thing you know, Cameron was potty trained.

So when Matthew seemed to be ready, I decided to get him a similar doll.  It turns out there is not a huge selection of anatomically correct black dolls and I ended up buying what is possibly the ugliest doll EVER.  We named him Sammy, although he was not wearing a shirt with his name on it.

Matthew greatly enjoyed potty training Sammy, although he was not quite as enthusiastic as Cameron had been about giving the ol' potty a try himself.

That was months ago, but recently Matthew found Paul and Sammy.  He excitedly set them up with their potty in the bathroom and then said, "Mommy?  Remember when Sammy pooped in the potty?  How did he do that?"

"Well," I confessed, "Sammy doesn't really go potty.  I put a little bit of playdough in Sammy's potty so it would look like he went potty."

"Ohhhhh," said Matthew.

Later in the day, I found this scene.

Ewwww.

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

I couldn't stop laughing looking at the playdough poop!!

Rebeccah said...

Hilarious!