Thursday, February 10, 2011

Matthew's School Day

After visiting Cameron's classroom a few weeks ago, it was off to Matthew's for the day.  He was sooooo excited to have me visit.  As it turns out, his best friend (I'll call her Renae here) was also very excited to have me visit.  Although Renae is 5 and Matthew is 3, they have been largely inseparable this year.  Renae is a sweet, smart, friendly girl who has many times helped me out by taking a reluctant Matthew's hand in the morning and saying, "Come on!  We'll have fun!  And I would miss you if you weren't here!" 

Renae calls me "Matthew's mom," and during Parent's Visiting Day I think I heard, "Matthew's mom" about as much as I heard, "Mommy."  "

Matthew's mom, Matthew's mom!  Watch me do this skeleton puzzle!" 

"Matthew's mom, Matthew's mom!  Come sit near me, I'm having snack!"  So I watched Matthew and Renae do a loooootttt of two person works together!  Once in a while, Matthew would select a one person work, like the transferring work in the photo above.  Renae would quickly select a work and take her seat next to him!

The following day, David went to Parent's Visiting Day and was not nearly as popular with Renae!  He said Matthew chose lots of one person works without interruption. 

No comments: