Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sweet dreams

For the past two nights, I've been awoken by Matthew talking in his sleep.  The first night, I said, "Matthew?" and he sat up, grabbed me by the ears, mumbled, "Where's the straw?" and then sucked my nose. 

Seriously.

"That's not a straw, Matthew, that's my nose.  Are you dreaming?" I said.

"Yes," he answered.  Then he put his head down on the pillow and went back to sleep.

Last night, I heard him again.  "Matthew?"

He sat up, eyes open, and said, "I'll teach you how, Mommy.  I'll teach you.  Because, well . . . you aren't very good at it."

"Good at what Matthew?"

And again, he was asleep.  Leaving me to wonder what I'm not so good at, aside from acting as a straw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You SLAY me, Sharon. You are such a totally comedic writer.. I just LOVE coming here.

xoxo