Sunday, January 9, 2011

Do Not Open Until Cameron is 16

Today, Cameron and I went on a wintery walk.  We chatted about school, about Legos, about Christmas and about what it would be like when we go on a walk together when he's a teenager.  "I wish I could prevent myself from being weird when I'm a teenager," said Cameron.  "Like, I feel like I should write myself a letter?  And put it in a waterproof bag that says 'Open when you are 16,' and put it in a hollow tree." 

"What would you write to yourself?" I asked.

"I would write something like, 'Cameron, don't be weird!  Be more serious.  Be like you were when you were seven.  Stop laughing so much!' No, cross that out.  'Be silly and laugh.'  No, wait.  OK. 'Laugh when it's funny and don't laugh if it's not.'"

This may not be a hollow tree, but I plan to pull this letter out when Cameron is 16 years old.

3 comments:

Corlia said...

That is so cute!

Ninette said...

I wonder what Cameron would have thought of us when we were teenagers :-)

Rebeccah said...

That's amazingly astute for a kid his age! Definitely save that.