Monday, December 6, 2010

That's how I roll . . .

Have you ever turned on the car, only to be shocked by the volume of the radio?  And you think, It didn't seem that loud before!  Did I really have it turned up that high last time I drove?

Yesterday, I studied with some of my classmates for an upcoming exam.  It's stressing me out, along with various other life challenges at the moment.  So as I drove home, I turned on the radio and found that Vanilla Ice's classic Ice, Ice, Baby was playing.  I turned up the volume, instantly transported back to a time where my biggest concern was the unfairness of my bangs' lack of gravity-defying height.  I mean, no matter how much AquaNet I sprayed on, my bangs were flat and droopy by the time I reached the bus stop.  How, HOW did Anna Michelle Nicole McKlemounginton* get her bangs to stand straight up like that?!?!  And ALL day long!  Life was SO unfair in seventh grade.

The car needed gas, so I reluctantly turned off the car and Vanilla Ice's inspired lyrics.  When the tank was full, I got back in the car, turned the key and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer blasted from the speakers.  It is tough to look cool to Rudolph, even if you lean back in your seat and steer with one hand.  "They never let poor Rudolph," I sang, "play in any reindeer games!  Word to your mother!"

*  You may find this hard to believe, but I did not have a classmate who was actually named Anna Michelle Nicole McKlemounginton.  This is actually a clever pseudonym that I invented to represent multiple popular girls who were well-endowed in the bang department.

3 comments:

kimbill16 said...

Well endowed in the bang department *snicker*!! Totally awesome.

Ninette said...

Having spent grade school and high school with you, I can guess which girls you are referring to and b/c I was wishing the same thing :-)

Sharon said...

Kim -- That's my "disability," you know. I have really small . . . bangs.

Ninette -- It cracks me up that you can picture exactly whose bangs I'm talking about!