Thursday, December 16, 2010

And so this is Christmas . . .


 Matthew is totally cool with Santa now.  So much so that when he returned from his turn on the big guy's lap and I said, "What did you tell Santa?" he replied, "I'm not telling YOU!"

I think Cameron is starting to question this whole Santa business, as he declined to write his letter to Santa this year.  "Uh, mom?  I'm kind of too old for that."  He wasn't quite confident enough, though, to completely skip giving Santa his wish list.  I mean, what if he refused to sit on Santa's lap and then on Christmas morning, Matthew was gleefully opening a vegetable peeler while Cameron was NOT opening his longed-for sushi set??? 

So Cameron decided to hedge his bets and figured that a chat with Santa was slightly less embarassing than having his picture in the local paper.  The local paper, however, is apparently unable to discern which child in the photo is the three-year-old and which is the seven-year-old as they published Matthew's letter and cropped him out of the photo, leaving a picture of Cameron next to "and please bring me Knuffle Bunny Free." Oh, the humiliation!

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

The Santa photos are amazing. How the boys have grown! Too fast if you ask me.

Gail said...

Yeah Matthew! Knuffle Bunny Free is the best!