Monday, November 23, 2009

Could be worse

"Bad news," announced Cameron.  "I lost my bladder today."

More frequently than I ever imagined, my children manage to say things that leave me speechless.

"You . . . lost your bladder?"

"Yeah.  At Spanish, a girl held up this bladder and asked if it belonged to anybody.  And it was mine.  But I didn't get it."

"So . . . wait.  What?"
"I didn't KNOW it was my bladder!  I thought my bladder was taped on my human body drawing!  But then, when we got home and hung it up on my wall, I saw that my bladder wasn't there.  So, it must have fallen off in Spanish.  And now?  My human body drawing has two kidneys but NO bladder.  And that?  That's a problem."

Yes.  Yes it is.  But not nearly as bad as the problem I thought we were talking about.

4 comments:

martha said...

Sharon,
I love reading your blog entries! Cameron and Matthew's adventures always brighten my day and make me laugh :-) Tell Cameron that Ethan says hello...and that we hope he finds his lost bladder soon :-) I told Ethan the raisin-up-the-nose story and he just couldn't stop laughing. Too funny! And Matthew's body/furniture/wall artwork - you've got your hands full with him! Take care and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
~Martha

Ginger said...

Priceless!

Christine said...

Hehehe

Ninette said...

Oh my goodness, I am still laughing about how he "lost his bladder"