Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tastes Like Good

The boys and I baked French Puff muffins this morning, to Matthew's great excitement.  "I be your helper Mama!  I be your HEEELLLLPPPEERRR!" he screeched as I measured out the dairy-free margarine. 

"Okay, Matthew," I said.  "You can help me measure the sugar. No, no, we don't put our hands in the food!"

Matthew required several reminders not to put his hands in the bowl.  And then, after turning away for a moment only to find Matthew's face covered in flour, it occurred to me that I needed to explain that faces shouldn't go in the food either.  I didn't tell him that if he was going to put his face in something, I'd choose the sugar over the flour myself.

Then I explained that, although a clever way around the stated rules, a new rule was that measuring cups should not be used to bring the food to you.

But it was worth it all in the end -- look at those smiles!  As Matthew said, upon trying his hot-from-the-oven muffin, "Mmmmm.  Tastes like good."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't handle it! These pics are adorable!