Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Couldn't Believe My Third Eye

This morning, the boys were running wild as I was trying to make lunch.  "Please," I begged, "settle down!"

To my astonishment, Cameron stopped running and said to Matthew, "Try this Matthew.  Sit on the floor criss-cross-applesauce.  Then put the backs on your hands on your knees."  Matthew attempted to imitate Cameron.  "Now close your eyes and breathe iiinnnn through your nose and oouuuttt through your mouth.  Now isn't that relaxing?  We do this at Tae Kwan Do.  It's called meditation."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious Sharon...I actually saw Cameron doing this in the class the other day-I went to grab the camera, but he had stopped. Too funny....he was really relaxing when he was doing it too. :) Jamie

Sharon said...

Jamie, that's hysterical! And here I thought the kicking and punching was going to be the big draw to Tae Kwan Do!

martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
martha said...

(There were so many typos in my first comment, I removed it. Let's try this again.... :-)

Hi Sharon! Loved the meditation picture! How cute! I was thinking about getting Ethan into some kind of martial arts. I think he would really enjoy it. Now that I see there's a calm, quiet side to it- perfect! :-) Is Tae Kwan Do similar to karate? Does Cameron work towards different levels and belts and stuff?
I need to post more pics of the boys in my blog. I showed Ethan some pics of your boys and he couldn't believe how big Matthew's getting. He said, "Wow! How old is he now?" I thought he was talking about Cameron and laughed and said, "Silly, he's your age." And he says, "No, Mom, I'm talking about Matthew- he used to be just a baby." It was funny. We enjoyed the muffin pics. :-) Ethan & Preston love cooking, too.
Have a great weekend and tell Cameron that Ethan says hello!
~Martha

Deb said...

Hilarious!