Friday, January 30, 2009

Snowbound, Part 2

When Cameron's school called on Wednesday night to say school would be open on Thursday, I nearly wept with joy. When they called back at 6am on Thursday to say they had reconsidered and would be closed, I nearly wept with disappointment. But then, I pulled myself together. "Hold your head up, missy! You have totally rocked the last two days! You can DO this!" Then I called a friend and begged to have a playdate.
What a relief it was to spend time with someone over the age of 5! And how amazing to have Cameron and Matthew play with someone other than ME! We grown-ups talked and talked and occasionally broke up squabbles over toy computers, golf balls and favored baby dolls. But by far the biggest disagreements were over who got to push which doll stroller around the kitchen.When we got back home, I felt rejuvenated and I took the boys out to play in the snow once again. We had a great day. But not sooooo great that I didn't do a little dance when the school called to say, really, there would be school on Friday. Yee-hah!

1 comment:

Grandma Linda said...

Playdates are great, especially for the parents. I'm glad you survived the bad weather.