Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One Wonderful Year

Today is the one year anniversary of Matthew's homecoming! On the one hand, I can hardly remember life without him. On the other, it seems impossible that a year has passed. Matthew has brought so much joy to our lives. We feel so lucky and blessed to be his parents! Here are a few shots that show Matthew as he really is:
Full of laughter,
constantly exploring,
and always, always on the go!

Today Cameron said, "Matthew's first mommy probably thinks about him alot. I bet she misses him." I don't write much about Matthew's first family, but I think of them every day and I think Cameron is right. Matthew's birthmom must have loved him a whole lot to make the decision she did and I hope that when she thinks of him she is comforted to know how loved he is.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Congratulations on such an important anniversary! And happy homecoming day for all of you. I love the three pictures you chose of Matthew. I'm sure his birthmom thinks of him often. And would be very comforted to know just what a wonderful family he has. And how astute of Cameron to think about her.

We just started the paperwork for our domestic adoption. And I love to catch up with your blog, to keep focused on this future goal. Thanks for the inspiration.

All the best.

Grandma Linda said...

I can't imagine not having Matthew in our lives. He truly has the brightest smile I have ever seen.

Ninette said...

Happy Anniversary to you all! What a blessing Matthew has been for your family and friends!