Friday, August 8, 2008

Day at the Lake

Ahhhh, summer time! We began our vacation by visiting Granma, Granpa, Aunt Beth and Uncle Steve at the lakehouse. Uncle Steve treated us to a boat ride on the lake and offered to take Cameron tubing. I was sure that when the boat pulled away and Cameron was by himself, yards and yards away from us, he would panic. I steeled myself as we got further and further from him but, to my amazement, he did fantastic. He was so proud of himself when we towed him back in, although he did say, "I was SO ready to come back on the boat!"

Cameron also drove the boat ALL by himself! (Thanks, Uncle Steve, for taking over when we careened towards shore!)
It was wonderfully relaxing to sit on the boat, surrounded by blue water and blue skies. It was also so much fun to see my grandparents -- a rare treat!
Towards the end of the boat ride, Uncle Steve asked David if he'd like to go tubing and he accepted. This may seem like no big deal, but here is the back (tee hee!) story:

Earlier in the week, David hurt his back. He claimed to be completely incapacitated and lay on the floor moaning while I took care of the kids, cleaned the house, packed up four suitcases and loaded all of our earthly belongings in the car. He then sat reclined in the passenger seat, moaning, while I drove five hours to Michigan. He hobbled into my parents' house, where my mother refused to let him lift a finger as he was injured. Everyone then took turns sympathizing with poor, brave David.

So, when poor, brave David hopped merrily on the tube and laughed as he bounced crazily behind a speeding boat I quickly lost sympathy for him and started feeling sorry for poor, brave little me. Thanks, Uncle Steve, for revealing the true extent of David's injury.

2 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Isn't summer grand! I'm so glad you got a chance to go to the lakehouse. Thanks Steve and Beth for being so generous with your time and home once again.

Aunt Beth said...

We had so much fun and it was great to have everyone over. The kids were so good. I'm sure they are never any trouble. They seemed like perfect angles to us. We enjoyed the boating as much as you did. Have fun in Holland.