Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

On Friday, I was invited to Cameron's school for a Mother's Day celebration.  Cameron was very excited and informed me as we stood in line for our fruit salad and cucumber sandwiches that the kids "were supposed to be like the moms' servants for the afternoon."  Luckily, I am not power hungry. 

He handed me a plate, noted that his class had prepared the fruit salad and raised an eyebrow as he pointed out enticingly, "It has green grapes in it."  Best of all, he shared with me a little essay he had written. 

My Mom, by Cameron

This is about my mom.  She is fun.  She plays with me.  She is exciting and happy mostly, except when Matthew gets mad.  She cooks with me on Friday.  She helps me with homework, but not too much.  She is very funny.  This is all about my mom.

I love the honesty -- it is the fact that he includes "except when Matthew gets mad" that makes me believe the "She is very funny."

It was also quite a treat to see the essays other kids had written about their mothers, my favorite being the one that included the line, "I cannot escape her!"  Again, so honest. 

3 comments:

Grandma Linda said...

Such a great essay. Happy Mother's Day to a really special Mom.

kimbill16 said...

Awww...I love this.

kimbill16 said...

Awww...I love this.